Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CTD happens very often now

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Plasmatic
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

CTD happens very often now Empty
PostSubject: CTD happens very often now   CTD happens very often now EmptySun May 06, 2018 6:29 pm

So I've gotten to level 41, and I'm trying to get the mainquest started (it didn't trigger when I absorbed my first dragon)

However I'm having a hard time playing right now and I don't know why..

Every so often, the game will just CTD, this seems to happened by 3 things:

-randomly running around in the open, probably loading too much stuff..
-Hitting quicksave will not save the game and instead instantly crash to desktop without any error (superb timing...)
-loading a new "zone", it will load most of it (assuming that from the time it takes) then instead of dropping me inside, it just crashed to desktop.

None of the above return any errors at all.

The log I can find that seems relevant is:
INFO (17:05:53.0161): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "X:\Skyrim\TESV.exe" (68701d). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const wchar_t *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)

Now, i have no idea what that means, but I hope someone can help me decipher it..

Google hints at it being an issue with MO and SKSE or possibly load order, but nothing more than hints, and no solutions. and I haven't modified the load order at all, I haven't touched the mods at all.

Game has been semi playable up till now, it does crash every now and then, but not like this. Most of the time it's just a matter of trying again and it works fine, but now I've been seeing this more and more.

Is it a case of having too much going on?
I only have the SPERG pet follower dwarven spider and Mjoll with me, nobody else.

Could my setup just not handle it? Though I don't know how I managed to get to level 41 if that was the case..
CPU: 2500K 4Ghz
GPU: GTX 970 3.5+0.5Gb Vram
RAM: DDR3 1600 Mhz 16 Gb

Game is installed alone on an SSD, not partitioned (I had a spare 120Gb) Mod load order or config has not been changed, the only thing i've done is get the game running in 2560x1440 and in a borderless window.
I know the resolution is pushing it on my hardware, but I am also of a rare breed in that I don't mind a game like Skyrim FPS as long as it is above 35, which I get, mostly.

Back to top Go down
LeloDragneel
I'm getting the hang of this
LeloDragneel

PostSubject: Re: CTD happens very often now   CTD happens very often now EmptyWed May 09, 2018 2:41 pm

I've been playing a lot more than you with a lot more added mods and I'm currently level 61. I never had those sort of problems but I've had similar issues. 

Since that error is mentioning something about security, there are a few things I would do.

Change SKSE Privilege:
1. Right-click SKSE64 go to properties
2. Under "Compatibility" tab, check "Run this program as administrator".

Change File Security:
1. On your SSD, right-click the root Skyrim folder
2. Go to "Security" tab and click "Edit"
3. Select your currently logged-in user name and select "Full Control"
4. Click "Ok" and let windows recursively change sub-folder permissions for you.

Ensure correct memory size:
1. Open "enblocal.ini" from your root skyrim folder
2. Under [Memory], ensure you values are:

Code:
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb=11872
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false
These are the values you want to have given the VRAM of your GTX 970 and 16GB RAM.

Turn off Shadowplay:
I've never seen anyone suggest this, but I tend to do so because it's beneficial.
Just turn off Shadowplay when playing Skyrim. The mod pack is texture-heavy and VRAM-demanding. Turning off Shadowplay will allow for more VRAM to be allocated for the game.
Back to top Go down
Plasmatic
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: CTD happens very often now   CTD happens very often now EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:34 pm

Thank you

Unfortunately this has become a somewhat moot point as my computer decided it had lived long enough.

PSU commited suicide, but not before murdering my motherboard :P

I'm in the process of building a new PC, but it will be awhile before I am up and running, and I am afraid my progress in skyrim is lost. or wait, doesnt this same the files in the game folder? not some shitty obscure hidden folder on C drive?

Though this might be the farthest anyone has gone to troubleshoot skyrim.. building an entirely new PC!

I will be taking the moment to upgrade to modern components and an i7 instead of an i5. Graphics will remain the same until Nvidia releases info about Volta/Ampere/Turing sometime in summer.

As far as Shadowplay is concerned, I do not install the Nvidia experience.. so shadowplay isn't even installed :) Never have, and never will use it, so no point in it being installed.
Back to top Go down
LeloDragneel
LeloDragneel

PostSubject: Re: CTD happens very often now   CTD happens very often now EmptyThu May 10, 2018 2:33 am

Plasmatic wrote:
Thank you

Unfortunately this has become a somewhat moot point as my computer decided it had lived long enough.

I'm in the process of building a new PC, but it will be awhile before I am up and running, and I am afraid my progress in skyrim is lost. or wait, doesnt this same the files in the game folder? not some shitty obscure hidden folder on C drive?

Though this might be the farthest anyone has gone to troubleshoot skyrim.. building an entirely new PC!

I will be taking the moment to upgrade to modern components and an i7 instead of an i5. Graphics will remain the same until Nvidia releases info about Volta/Ampere/Turing sometime in summer.

As far as Shadowplay is concerned, I do not install the Nvidia experience.. so shadowplay isn't even installed :) Never have, and never will use it, so no point in it being installed.

Your data should be on your primary storage device (HDD/SSD/M.2). You might want to check to see if it's still salvageable.
Back to top Go down
Plasmatic
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: CTD happens very often now   CTD happens very often now EmptyThu May 10, 2018 7:27 pm

LeloDragneel wrote:
Plasmatic wrote:
Thank you

Your data should be on your primary storage device (HDD/SSD/M.2). You might want to check to see if it's still salvageable.

With the upgrades I will be getting a new C drive that has a little more space (240 vs current 120) so I should be able to reach the save profiles, assuming the disk wasn't fried with the motherboard.

Thank you!

I will be back when I get my new rig up and running :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CTD happens very often now   CTD happens very often now Empty

Back to top Go down

CTD happens very often now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!