Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HUD and Difficulty

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Acester
New Face!
New Face!

HUD and Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: HUD and Difficulty   HUD and Difficulty EmptySat May 05, 2018 11:56 pm

I was just wondering how much is rotten planning to/has rotten changed the original art style of the skyrim HUD? I love the art style of the original HUD but have seen some screenshots of SPM 5 with another style more similar to Oblivion or something. Is that there to stay? Or will Rotten try a more minimalistic approach? Personally I think tinkering with the HUD is not that important, except for changing the way the map looks.

On top of that I would like to ask how much more (if at all) will SPM 5 become compared to vanilla Skyrim. One of the reasons I haven't enjoyed playing Skyrim: The Journey modpack (besides the ENB) is that it was too hard and levelling felt very tedious. I very much like a relaxed and casual experience playing skyrim and don't think things like permadeath help achieve that. Is SPM 5 designed around higher difficulty like The Journey? Or is it designed around an easy experience that players can then tailor to their wishes?

Many thanks,
Acester
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

HUD and Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUD and Difficulty   HUD and Difficulty EmptySun May 06, 2018 7:00 am

Acester wrote:
I was just wondering how much is rotten planning to/has rotten changed the original art style of the skyrim HUD? I love the art style of the original HUD but have seen some screenshots of SPM 5 with another style more similar to Oblivion or something. Is that there to stay? Or will Rotten try a more minimalistic approach? Personally I think tinkering with the HUD is not that important, except for changing the way the map looks.

On top of that I would like to ask how much more (if at all) will SPM 5 become compared to vanilla Skyrim. One of the reasons I haven't enjoyed playing Skyrim: The Journey modpack (besides the ENB) is that it was too hard and levelling felt very tedious. I very much like a relaxed and casual experience playing skyrim and don't think things like permadeath help achieve that. Is SPM 5 designed around higher difficulty like The Journey? Or is it designed around an easy experience that players can then tailor to their wishes?

Many thanks,
Acester

Hello! What i tried to do with the hud in SPM5 is to take away any info on screen that you don't need (eg stamina bar will only be shown when stamina starts to deplete etc) On top i've modified the hud in a way to hide some solid backgrounds that were not not really needed.This is something that i plan on leaving there but you can always revert back to vanilla without much hassle.Furthermore i will also tweak other widgets like hunger, equipment durability to only show when needed and not always on screen cluttering it for no reason.I will be the same for buffs and other effects, position will be moved and they will be smaller.

Most of the stuff will be tweak-able by the user with little documentation.

There will be some considerable changes to difficulty but again this can be tweaked by the user to some degree (number of spawns, if enemies will have more life/resistance/damage). it should be fairly OK to play on the lowest difficulty and very hard on legendary.There will also be some unique enemies NPC with names and they will be harder than the rest (call them leaders or mini-bosses) but you should only encounter them only after level 10.Most enemies will have new spells abilities and tweaked AI. I will do my best to try and improve the combat in the pack but as we all know the engine and game has it's limits. There will be no perma death but you might have to run a few times to avoid an untimely death. Ypu might encounter higher lever enemies and some of the mobs will not always be rubber banded like vanilla to your level. There will also be enemies in new lands mods that only the author sets tone for which i can't really touch , one because of respect and vision that the mod author set and secondly because it's faily hard to do.

TL:DNR it will be a mix of a tailored user experience and new challenges.
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Acester
New Face!
New Face!

HUD and Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUD and Difficulty   HUD and Difficulty EmptySun May 06, 2018 12:23 pm

RottenDub wrote:
Acester wrote:

Many thanks,
Acester

Hello! What i tried to do with the hud in SPM5 is to take away any info on screen that you don't need (eg stamina bar will only be shown when stamina starts to deplete etc) On top i've modified the hud in a way to hide some solid backgrounds that were not not really needed.This is something that i plan on leaving there but you can always revert back to vanilla without much hassle.Furthermore i will also tweak other widgets like hunger, equipment durability to only show when needed and not always on screen cluttering it for no reason.I will be the same for buffs and other effects, position will be moved and they will be smaller.

Most of the stuff will be tweak-able by the user with little documentation.

There will be some considerable changes to difficulty but again this can be tweaked by the user to some degree (number of spawns, if enemies will have more life/resistance/damage). it should be fairly OK to play on the lowest difficulty and very hard on legendary.There will also be some unique enemies NPC with names and they will be harder than the rest (call them leaders or mini-bosses) but you should only encounter them only after level 10.Most enemies will have new spells abilities and tweaked AI. I will do my best to try and improve the combat in the pack but as we all know the engine and game has it's limits. There will be no perma death but you might have to run a few times to avoid an untimely death. Ypu might encounter higher lever enemies and some of the mobs will not always be rubber banded like vanilla to your level. There will also be enemies in new lands mods that only the author sets tone for which i can't really touch , one because of respect and vision that the mod author set and secondly because it's faily hard to do.

TL:DNR it will be a mix of a tailored user experience and new challenges.
Thanks! Sounds great; exactly the response I was hoping for. Thank you for all that you are doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HUD and Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUD and Difficulty   HUD and Difficulty Empty

Back to top Go down

HUD and Difficulty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!