Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)

Go down 
+3
RottenDub
tommysparks
isenki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
isenki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

[solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) Empty
PostSubject: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:55 am

In two separate fresh installs of SPM 4.4, I  played successfully for about 20 hours before running into a fatal CTD on save bug which forced me to end the game. I've reached the limit of my ability to resolve the issue, so instead I will try to describe it for posterity :)

For the record, I am running a clean install of SPM 4.4 with only one adjustment - I am running 1440p (also using Rotten's Realvision ENB preset, but I doubt that's relevant).

The CTD on save bug seems to be driven by the number of times a game has been saved, loaded, and resaved, gradually building toward a breaking point, so it's difficult to see coming.

If you've been creating new saves successfully in your Skyrim session thus far, you'll be able to continue doing so indefinitely. However, should you load up one of these created saves, and then save from THAT session, you have progressed your save file toward CTDing on save.

I.e., the more you save, load that save, then save again, the closer you get to The Last Save You Will Ever Make.

It's possible that the problem is memory, as ModOrganizer.log shows this as its last entry:

Code:
INFO (01:29:38.0804): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "X:\Skyrim\TESV.exe" (68701d). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const wchar_t *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)

However, I can't find any other indication that this is actually the problem - I am running TESV.exe and skse_loader.exe as administrator with full access to memory. My saves are around 23-24 MB in size, and the skse files are about 2MB - anyway, this log entry also appears when I save the game successfully.

I'm still working to narrow down the exact number of saves/reloads/saves it takes to reproduce CTD on save, but when I do I'll post it here.

Edit: one more thing, the fix listed for this bug on the Troubleshooting page had no effect.

UPDATE: I've tried this with a number of different new characters, and the magic number is 37. On the 37th save/reload/save, CTD. Every time.

UPDATE 2: deactivating the Bashed Patch ESP fixes this issue. Now to figure out how to fix the Bashed Patch itself?

UPDATE 3: deactivating Bashed Patch only fixes this temporarily, the bug reappears after a few dozen saves. FML.

Last edited by isenki on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

[solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) Empty
PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 pm

Hello! Check you save-game folder and make sure there are no .bak or .tmp files this can cause your game to crash even with a correct load order and good setup.

After that you should load 1-2 save before the crash occcured. Should be ok after.
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
isenki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 2:49 am

tommysparks wrote:
Does this have any effect https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/

Nope. Cleaning up scripts was one of the first things I tried :(

RottenDub wrote:
Hello! Check you save-game folder and make sure there are no .bak or .tmp files this can cause your game to crash even with a correct load order and good setup.

After that you should load 1-2 save before the crash occcured. Should be ok after.

I scrupulously removed all of these files, to no effect. It turns out the CTD is actually what is creating the .tmp files. Bummer!
Back to top Go down
isenki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 12:41 pm

I FOUND THE CULPRIT! It is the Bashed Patch, 0.esp. Every save works fine as long as this esp is deactivated.

Any insight into how this might be causing a CTD on save?

Thanks for your help guys.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 12:57 pm

isenki wrote:
I FOUND THE CULPRIT! It is the Bashed Patch, 0.esp. Every save works fine as long as this esp is deactivated.

It really shouldn't but you can also redo it ... there are many guides here of the forums and plenty of detailed ones on YT... just make sure you run Wyre from within MO for error free creation.
Back to top Go down
isenki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 1:04 pm

RottenDub wrote:
isenki wrote:

It really shouldn't but you can also redo it ... there are many guides here of the forums and plenty of detailed ones on YT... just make sure you run Wyre from within MO for error free creation.

I'll readily admit I don't know much about how Wrye Bash actually works, but I just rebuilt it using your YT guide to the letter and still got a CTD. Will there be a long term problem with my saves if I just play without a Bashed Patch?
Back to top Go down
isenki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:22 am

Back with another report. 

After playing without the bashed patch for a few dozen more saves, the issue is back. Back to square one, I guess. Christ.
Back to top Go down
Nexitium
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi,

I think one option would be to use console command player.kill and then load your most recent save. This should free up some space or whatever. I think the cause for this crash might be running out of space. Do note that even if this works, the problem is bound to resurface after some time.
Back to top Go down
Kitsunee
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 10:31 am

Hello,

(Apologies in advance about the incoming wall of text)
I've recently started using this modpack and I've ran into what seems to be exact same issue as you have.

Game was fairly stable for a while, apart from some minor issues that were fixed by adjusting the load order according to https://modwat.ch/u/RottenDub
However, upon the save counter reaching the 100's I've reached some kind of critical point from which I could no longer progress in this playthrough at all. (Note: I tend to save very often)
Both manual and quicksave cause an instant CTD with no error message and a leftover .tmp file(s) which I tried deleting several times to no avail, game would crash anyway and recreate said files.

Load order is correct and unchanged from last confirmation, no mods were added or removed, no settings were altered in MCM.
Tried using the save cleaning tool from "X:\Skyrim" folder but it didn't seem to find anything to clean, no orphan scripts or other items, no changes were performed on my save.
Removed 'Read-only' status from "X:\Skyrim\profiles\RottenDub\Saves" folder and added 'Full control' to all users.
Problem persists, no new saves or overwrite saves are possible as the game instantly crashes upon hitting the button.

Weirdly enough, I tried disabling the "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" from MO and it actualy allowed to perform a save without crashing, after which I exit the game, enabled the .esp back and I'm once again unable to save in any way.

Would love to know if you somehow managed to solve your issue or if anyone else has an insight on this.
Not very keen on having to discard this playthrough even though it doesn't have that much progress, I suspect a new game would suffer from the same fate unless something will be done about it.
(Note: I didn't experiment further with the "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" since I don't know the first thing about modding so I'd rather not temper with anything that would cause more problems.)

UPDATE: Followed the video tutorials on the forum to Clean the Masters, remake the Bashed Patch and SkyProc Patches - ASIS & DSR, ran FNIS and loaded the game, CTD on save still persists the exact same way.
I'm a bit clueless at this point, would love to know if there is some patcher or something that I've missed.
Other than that, the game still works fine, the last few steps didn't have any noticeable impact on anything as far as I could tell.
Back to top Go down
isenki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Hey kitsunee,
I forgot to update this thread- which I will do when I regain access to my computer- but I did find a permanent fix for my issue.

Turn off bashed patch esps.
Turn off all dual sheath redux esps.
Turn off the jewelry merged esp (don't remember what the exact name was). Feel free to reinstall the component mods on their own, I had zero issues doing this.
Then rebuild the ASIS patch (follow rottens tutorial vid)
No more CTD on save!
Back to top Go down
Kitsunee
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Hello isenki,

Thanks a lot for replying, I did try to follow your advice however no success yet.
Please excuse my lack of understanding, but I wanted to clarify a bit to make sure I'm doing it right;

isenki wrote:
Done!

isenki wrote:
Turn off the jewelry merged esp (don't remember what the exact name was).
I believe you mean "Merged Jewelry and Piercings RM.esp" in which case - Done!

isenki wrote:
Feel free to reinstall the component mods on their own, I had zero issues doing this.
What exactly do you mean? Remove the related mods completely and reinstall them? If so, from which source?

isenki wrote:
Done!

Other than that, after applying the ASIS patch do you reactivate the related .esps?
Is there any other step I've missed?

Thanks a lot for taking the time and effort to reply.
Back to top Go down
isenki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 9:15 pm

I just meant that after turning off the jewelry esp, you can download and install those jewelry mods from Nexus without seemingly causing any issues. This is completely irrelevant to the fix though.

When launching the game you should have dual sheath, bashed patch, and jewelry besp turned off. That has fixed the issue for me.

I discovered it was these esps causing the CTD by simply turning off mods until until the issue disappeared, then reactivating them until I narrowed it down. If you try this method you might find that it's different mods causing it for you.
Back to top Go down
Kitsunee
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 9:56 pm

I see, sadly it didn't seem to do the trick for me.
Its possible to save as long as "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" is off, but even after several saves made and some fooling around for a few minutes, once I tick it back on the CTDs on save are back.

I guess I have to either abandon the save and start over fresh, hoping that it won't happen again, or just give up on this pack :|
After so many times confirming the load/mod orders and rebuilding all the patches, I doubt that a full reinstall would do anything at all.

Thanks anyway though, I appreciate the effort to help.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:07 pm

isenki wrote:
Hey kitsunee,
I forgot to update this thread- which I will do when I regain access to my computer- but I did find a permanent fix for my issue.

Turn off the jewelry merged esp (don't remember what the exact name was). Feel free to reinstall the component mods on their own, I had zero issues doing this.
No more CTD on save!
Hello! Thank you for the feedback and for helping out your forum felllows.
How did you narrow down to the jewelry .esp? This could precious imfo for this pack and future packs.

I will rebuild these merges either way just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
MeowsterGuy
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 2:00 am

Hello, sorry for the necro on something you all discussed ages ago. Hoping someones still alive to help, lol.
But whats the status on this thing?

I have tried this modpack twice, both times running into this exact issue. The first time I gave up in frustration.
Rotten, if you solved the issue, shouldnt it not be experienced anymore? I understand at some point your focus in life changed, so I guess what I am asking is if this was ever resolved or it got placed on the backburner?

@Isenki
After following your directions, can existing save files be used safely? I am assuming no, with no way to convert a save file over to the new list?
Back to top Go down
MeowsterGuy
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 10:52 am

Well, this place is about as dead as it appears. Which really sucks for new people that are trying to revisit Skyrim with this nifty modpack.
I waited for as long as I could for some confirmation on rather or not a save can be salvaged from this mess. Gave up and followed Isenki's instructions.

Anyhow. Thank you isenki. This matter would not be resolved for me without you. I hope you one day return and see that your post had helped a few people(hopefully more)

For the record, I was getting the same issue. Exactly 37 save/loads results in crashing on save.
The only thing different I did from Isenki is that I also disabled Draugerborn(or whatever that hellish mod was called) and rebuilt the bashed patch following RottenDubs tutorial vids. I think he meant for us to rebuild that also and not just the ASIS patch and forgot to say so?
Can now save/load as much as I want (tested to 50 times anyhow)

As a side not.... game feels slightly more stable as well. Kind of hard to describe but things load and function a tad more smoothly.
Back to top Go down
mdavern11
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 11:35 pm

Sorry to revive this but thought I should add that I also had the same issue. I followed the above mentioned method and it was fixed. I removed the merged jewelry esp and just installed them individually and redid the bashed and stuff. I'm pretty sure the real culprit was "DovahBling Jewelry". Check out the mod page.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)   [solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install) Empty

Back to top Go down

[solved] Bashed Patch causing CTD on save after 37 saves (fresh SPM 4.4 install)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!