Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Issues running v4.4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZacOnCrac
New Face!
New Face!

Issues running v4.4 Empty
PostSubject: Issues running v4.4   Issues running v4.4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Hey guys, I apologize in advance if I've posted in the wrong area of the forums as I've created an account in hopes to make Skyrim playable again. Here is my issue.

As I am aware, Skyrim perfectly modded should run completely fine for my PC. Although I am having 2 major issues that I am hoping someone slightly more techy can help me figure out. 

1 - Loading: Moving around is all well and all, however it appears every single time the game attempts to load in more assets (eg just venturing through the map without going through doors) it is stuttering/freezing for a moment making the game near unplayable due to how frequently this happens. 
I have both the games and mod package installed on my Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB.

2 - Graphics Card Utilization: I am currently using the 'Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080' card (mid tier 1080). I understand the game runs at 60fps (or was it 30 lmao) and increasing this amount is an awful idea. However, I am getting massive frame drops when both loading the new assets as previously stated and whenever anything intensive is occurring like a magic battle/roaming cities, even though my card is utilizing less than <50% of its 'power' so to speak. 

I have changed something in an .ini file a while back so whenever the fps drops the game slows down instead of stuttering, but it is god awful playing in slow motion.

Am I able to get any tips on how to improve either of these problems? 
Here are my specs for reference:
Resolution: 1900x1200, 60hz
CPU: i5-7600k
GPU: GTX 1080 (Gigabyte G1 Gaming)
HDD: 2TB 
SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo
RAM: 3000mhz ddr4
PSU: 750w Gold 
MoBo: Z270 PC Mate or something idk
CPU Cooler: Some AIO Corsair v2 thing
Back to top Go down
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Issues running v4.4   Issues running v4.4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Make sure you are using the latest video drivers and have setup the NVidia settings as Rotten recommends in the guide.

Then use this tool https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787

follow the instruction on the mod page to make some adjustments to your ini file. Let me know how that works out.
Back to top Go down
isenki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Issues running v4.4   Issues running v4.4 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:13 am

Your next step is monitoring your hardware as the game is running- check VRAM usage, CPU and GPU load. If you're stuttering when new assets/textures are loaded it could be a VRAM problem. Obviously your 1080 has more than enough VRAM for modded Skyrim, but a single wrong line in an ini file is all it takes. 

I take it you have already tried going back to the original ini files included with SPM?
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Issues running v4.4   Issues running v4.4 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Your PC should be able to run the pack with 50-60 FPS and no stutter.
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issues running v4.4   Issues running v4.4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Issues running v4.4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!