Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

steam install commentary

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ragman12
I'm getting the hang of this

steam install commentary Empty
PostSubject: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 7:42 am

STEAM INSTALL GUIDE

1. obtain Rottendub's 4.4 pack here:
pmdownloads.weebly.com
Put his archive into any folder on your desktop so you know where it is. Just don't put it into a Skyrim folder.

2. Uninstall  any used skyrim. Turn off your antivirus for now.

3. Install a fresh copy of Skyrim (with all 3 DLC via steam install   (not the high res dlc))  to  C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim, and then copy the whole folder called skyrim, then continue to step 4 and/or step 5.

4. (Optional) Create a new folder called Clean Skyrim on your desktop. paste (from step 3) this fresh backup-copy of vanilla Skyrim with all 3 dlc via steam install into the folder Clean Skyrim  (not the high res dlc).   
5. Copy (from step 3) clean skyrim to c:\     not  C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
6. Your Skyrim dir now is c:\skyrim
7. Goto where RottenDub's 4.4 is; unzip it to any empty temporary folder using 7zip that isnt skyrim for now ( mine is ....desktop\newfolder(2))
8. Make a backup copy of Mod Organizer.ini and put that on your desktop in case you mess up
9. Goto 4.4's Mod Organizer.ini  and change all instances of x:\ to c:\ keep the rest of the code in that command line make sure all are double backslashes (use the cntrl + H method on an open notepad)

10. Goto  4.4's Mod Organizer.ini and change all instances of x:/ to c:/keep the rest of the code in that command line make sure all are single forward-slashes
11. Save mod ini in 4.4/skryim
12  Open and Edit 4.4's nxmhandlers.ini   Change the one instance of x:\ to c:\.

13. Goto start menu ---> accessories. run command prompt as admin
    ----> Enter this command in cmd prompt:       mklink x:\skyrim "c:\skyrim" (right clik to copy this in the cmd with quotes)

14. Open all of rottendub's files in 4.4/skyrim ~ 182 objects and hit cntrl + A to select them all
15. Drag all 182 objects from 4.4/ skyrim to the open space below tesv.exe in the folder of c:\skyrim . Say "overwrite all" when prompted

16. Goto the folder: options\pre-configured saves  and copy the top save  "save 2"  and paste in C:\Users\*your computer's name*\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\saves

17. Goto c:\skyrim create shortcut for Mod Organizer.exe and drag to desktop
18. Run the shortcut to Mod Organizer you just placed on desktop.
19. Examine all the mods in Mod Organizer. Ensure that all left pane 260 mods are activated, in order (ie not alphabetical last mod =dylod), there are no warnings, and the top bar has many icons and each is in full color (an incorrectly linked mod will be bluish grey).

20. Refer to the original guide assure your nvidia or ATI settings are correct:

Ambient Occlusion

OFF

Anisotropic Filtering

APPLICATION CONTROLLED

Antialiasing

APPLICATION CONTROLLED

Antialiasing Transparency

OFF

Vsync

ON

[size=13]
[size=13]

21.  Open and run steam. Change it to offline mode when you play Skyrim.  

22. Run SKSE in Mod Organizer to start Skyrim ! It may take about 3 minutes to start. You must see the word ENB if it works right on first loading screen.

23. Load the nord lvl 2 char you moved into the save file.

24. Let it load and get stable

25. From inside the game menu,  experiment with the mods and get to know what they do, and configure/ activate those you want . Just remember to save your game first  and then save it soon after you make any changes.

26. You might have to restart Skyrim a few times

27. To create your own unique character from scratch hit the ` key and enter showracemenu command ... and tempt yourself . Throw away most all of that good stuff you have started with. And create a new save as soon as possible. Don't throw away any rings or stuff that is mod unique.

28. Optional start new char instructions:
       a. open mod organizer
b. run skse
c. start a new game from the main screen menu
       d. let everything load u will be looking at castle towers in falkreath but u cannot move
       e. say yes to everything when prompted or use your best judgement on questions involving the mods
       f. hit esc key, open your mods from inside the game
       g. scroll down to skyrim unbound
       h. push some buttons in there except the start/ begin ---> and configure skyrim unbound
       i. check the top box says start or begin

Thank you to TommySparks without whom I would have given up entirely...
Of course all the highest possible thanks to RottenDub for Modpack4.4 and all his work
[/size][/size]

Last edited by ragman12 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:39 am; edited 31 times in total
Back to top Go down
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 pm

You can use these mod packs even with the steam install
Back to top Go down
ragman12

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 12:19 am

fixed see top

Last edited by ragman12 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 3:23 am

I just went through this for another poster. Have you made your "X:\" drive?
It only needs to be roughly 10mb in size as it will only hold a link to your steam directory.

I will try to break this down into a step by step

Download Skyrim Legendary edition on Steam. Either uncheck the option for downloading the high resolution texture packs or delete them in your Skyrim folder after you download it. Keep it in the default download location for Steam.

Now, go to control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disk management

You should see your "C:\" drive listed
Right click it and select shrink volume
when it ask for the size of the new volume say 10 and set the drive letter to X:

Now under Computer you should see drive c: with your main drive data and also a drive X: now that is empty

Open a command prompt with administrative rights (right click it and select run as administrator)
copy and paste the following

mklink x:\Skyrim "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim"

then press enter

Now you should be able to browse to your X: drive and you will something that looks like a shortcut labeled Skyrim
If you double click it you will see all of your Skyrim files

Now go to your download of SPM 4.4
right click and select 7zip and open archive
Browse into the archive until you see the skyrim folder with a bunch of subfolders in it. The first 3 folders should be Optional, Readme and SPM 4.4 redist
press Ctrl A to select all files and folders in that view and either drag and drop them to your X:\Skyrim folder or select Extract and type X:\Skyrim as the destination.
Say yes to all if asked to overwrite any files
After extraction is complete browse to your X:\ drive and Skyrim
find Modorganizer.exe and right click it
select send to, then Desktop
Now you have a link to launch the game

Last edited by tommysparks on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ragman12

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 8:20 am

fixed see top

Last edited by ragman12 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

to clarify a few things:

1. we are augmenting rotten dub's original instruction...Yes, do these instructions only. No more, no less
2, we are still making an x drive but it much smaller , as small as only 10 mb will still work Yes
3. inside x drive we are creating sort of a shortcut back to c:  Yes, we are making a link
4. this is achieved from c:\ , running the program cmd from the start menu, and entering this command mklink x:\Skyrim "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim"  with the quotation marks Yes
5. we are then copying 3 more things and placing them in x:\ skyrim  :  Optional, Readme, and SPM 4.4 redist  NO, you will copy the entire contents of the mod pack by selecting all in the Skyrim folder of the archive. It has those folders as the first three folders to know you are in the right spot. Remember to say yes to all if prompted to overwrite.

Questions 
1:  I think 10 mb is too small the optional files are alone 57 mb.. how big did u mean to say? 10mb is not too small. a link shortcut is tiny in size
2.  when was x:\Skyrim  created ? does mklink create it?  Yes, you will have just X: at first and after you make the link you will see X:\Skyrim

6. we are not modifying any MO ini files No
7. we are still activating all the mods All mods will already be active that are supposed to be in mod organizer.  You will not need to make any further configuration from Mod Organizer
8. we still launch the game using skse from inside mod organizer Yes, it will already be selected. Just launch Mod Organizer and then click run inside Mod Organizer.
9. skse is in the correct folder  No folders need to be moved
10. tesv.exe will easily be found by it Yes

questions
1. when the game is launched should one of the first things u see on on the skyrim loading screen is ENB stuff with boris name on it? Yes, but the initial Skyrim screen can take a moment to load

2. have you experienced any need to re run fnis?  Not unless you are adding mods to the mod pack
Back to top Go down
ragman12

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 9:04 am

fixed see top

Last edited by ragman12 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 6:23 pm

the link is all that needs to be there.

If you are getting a file length error you are not extracting the archive correctly. Do not extract the files then copy and paste. Extract them to the correct location
Back to top Go down
ragman12

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 7:45 pm

fixed see top

Last edited by ragman12 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ragman12

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 9:56 pm

fixed see top

Last edited by ragman12 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ragman12

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 11:56 pm

new strategy

1. create copy of vanilla steam install on desktop inside a new folder called clean skyrim
2. make a thrid copy of skyrim in c:\   not  C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
3. goto where 4.4 is; unzipp it using 7zip to that side folder ( mine is ....desktop\newfolder(2))
4 make backup copy of mod.ini put on desktop in case i mess up
4. goto 4.4's mod ini  change all instances of x:\ to c:\ keep the rest of the code in that command line make sure all are double backslashes
5. goto  4.4's mod ini change all instances of x:/ to c:/keep the rest of the code in that command line make sure all are single forwardslashes
6. save mod ini in 4.4/skryim
7. goto start menu accessories run command prompt as admin
8. enter command in cmd prompt mklink x:\skyrim "c:\skyrim"
9. open all of rottendub's files in 4.4/skyrim ~ 182 objects and hit cntrl+ to select them all
10 drag 182 objects from 4.4/ skyrim to open space below tesv.exe in c:\skyrim

note* no error this time with files name too long error . Say "overwrite all" when prompted

what do u think?  will it work?
Back to top Go down
ragman12

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 12:40 am

fixed see top

Last edited by ragman12 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ragman12

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 2:33 am

fixed see top
Back to top Go down
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 3:09 am

Perhaps I can show you the install from start to finish and you can make as detailed of a Steam install Guide as you like for others that may have issues.
I can do this remotely when you have time to be in front of your computer for a few
Back to top Go down
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 3:11 am

Just saw your edits. Glad you were able to get it working
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Hello guys!Nice to see you helping each other out!Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: steam install commentary    steam install commentary Empty

Back to top Go down

steam install commentary
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!