Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iAmburnJ
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?  Empty
PostSubject: Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?    Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?  EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 6:53 am

I am not that tech savy, so I am probably missing something. Do laptops just typically not meet the requirements, or does a PC with similar hardware have something I am missing? Thanks!

Specs

Processor: i7-7700 @2.8GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 16gs
DirextX:12
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1060
Vram: At least 8gs?
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?    Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?  EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 7:08 am

iAmburnJ wrote:
I am not that tech savy, so I am probably missing something. Do laptops just typically not meet the requirements, or does a PC with similar hardware have something I am missing? Thanks!

Specs

Processor: i7-7700 @2.8GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 16gs
DirextX:12
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1060
Vram: At least 8gs?

Hello!Every laptop is inferiorior to it's PC counterpart.Hardware also tends to massively overheat under load so this pack is not responsible for any possible hardware damage!
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
iAmburnJ
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?    Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?  EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 7:14 am

I did not consider the risk of overheating. Thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?    Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?  EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 5:22 am

Rotten is 100 percent correct that a desktop will outperform a laptop with the same specs but the laptop you described should be able to play the mod so I would look at drivers to make sure they are fully up to date and that you have installed the mod per the instructions listed on this site.

You can also use BethINI to tweak your skyrim ini settings for your rig
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787/

Under load your laptop will produce a ton of heat. It will get uncomfortable sitting in your lap and never rest it on a blanket as it will not get sufficient air flow and ventilation.
Back to top Go down
iAmburnJ
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?    Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?  EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 5:32 am

tommysparks wrote:
Rotten is 100 percent correct that a desktop will outperform a laptop with the same specs but the laptop you described should be able to play the mod so I would look at drivers to make sure they are fully up to date and that you have installed the mod per the instructions listed on this site.

You can also use BethINI to tweak your skyrim ini settings for your rig
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787/

Under load your laptop will produce a ton of heat. It will get uncomfortable sitting in your lap and never rest it on a blanket as it will not get sufficient air flow and ventilation.
Thanks, that makes sense. My Predator has a cool boost setting, and I have a cooling pad that I use underneath. I feel confident this will be enough cooling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?    Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pack not for laptops, but I seem to meet requirements?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!