Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Installation troubles (non-steam)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alerean
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

Installation troubles (non-steam) Empty
PostSubject: Installation troubles (non-steam)   Installation troubles (non-steam) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 3:14 am

Hey guys, I'm having issues installing 4.4 through the conventional method (non-steam). I've followed the instructions closely and have tried to both create a shrunken X drive and also rename an existing drive. In both cases I still get an error message upon opening the Mod Organizer that says "No game identified in "X:\Skyrim". From the screenshot my directory appears to be fine.

https://imgur.com/a/0KyqG

I'm a bit confused about this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Alerean
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Installation troubles (non-steam)   Installation troubles (non-steam) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 4:34 am

Did you install the game there first?(sorry if this seems offensive ... some people forget that the game is not included)
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Alerean
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Installation troubles (non-steam)   Installation troubles (non-steam) EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 4:53 am

Definitely not offensive, because to be honest that's it...I mistakenly thought that this was bundled with the Legendary edition of the game and misread step 2 (thought it meant install Perfectly Modded). Luckily I do have the game on steam if it's needed, but the instructions say that's not recommended.

If I have to use my steam game, is it possible to relocate it to the X drive and follow the normal instructions, or would I still need to edit the .ini as it describes in step 4? Nevermind, dumb question. I forgot that steam forces you to store the games inside its "common folder".

I'll go through the Steam instructions and see how I go. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
johndoetes
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Installation troubles (non-steam)   Installation troubles (non-steam) EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Alerean wrote:
Definitely not offensive, because to be honest that's it...I mistakenly thought that this was bundled with the Legendary edition of the game and misread step 2 (thought it meant install Perfectly Modded). Luckily I do have the game on steam if it's needed, but the instructions say that's not recommended.

If I have to use my steam game, is it possible to relocate it to the X drive and follow the normal instructions, or would I still need to edit the .ini as it describes in step 4? Nevermind, dumb question. I forgot that steam forces you to store the games inside its "common folder".

I'll go through the Steam instructions and see how I go. Thanks!

That's not needed at all. Just copy the Skyrim folder from your Steam directory to the root in X:\
That's all you need to do. No need to follow the Steam version instructions. I did the same thing as i tell you now.
Back to top Go down
Ethoriast
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Same Issue   Installation troubles (non-steam) EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 8:03 pm

I'm having the same issue. I copied the skyrim files to X:\Skyrim then extracted the mods like in the video and it can't find the game when I load ModOrganizer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installation troubles (non-steam)   Installation troubles (non-steam) Empty

Back to top Go down

Installation troubles (non-steam)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!