Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review a mod-pack

Go down 
+3
Kisaya
Twistty
RottenDub
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Hello friends,if anyone wants to review or add some criticism to any modpacks that are currently out,please do it here.

Main topics/suggestion i think would be the Skyrim,Fallout,Cities Skylines and Xcom2.
Go crazy, video reviews, written reviews and anything you want in between but please keep it civil.

Best reviews/opinions will be posted on the main site ( http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/ )
If enough of them stack up I'll create new sections named "reviews" for each of the packs

•Best reviews/most relevant for Skyrim Perfectly Modded will go in :

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

•Best reviews/most relevant for Fallout Survival Challenge will go in :

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/fallout-4.html

•Best reviews/most relevant for Cities Skylines  will go in :

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/cities-skylines.html

•Best reviews/most relevant for Xcom2 will go in :

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/xcom-2.html

If you also have some advice about the website and the forum you can also do it it, if anyone feels that they need improvement, after/when i'll have some more money i'll try to buy the domains and get rid of ads that are (probably) currently present (i use add-block so i wouldn't know)

Review away people!

Last edited by RottenDub on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Twistty
Serious poster
Serious poster
Twistty

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 5:29 am

Still playing around Rotten - but will in a week or so!!!
So much to understand and discover first!!! :))
Back to top Go down
Kisaya
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands
Kisaya

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 6:08 pm

I will absolutely do a review once I've stuck my nose everywhere in the game. So far It's amazingly stable and beautiful, and I've never been this excited for Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
obsolete1101
New Face!
New Face!

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Perfectly Modded 4.2   Review a mod-pack EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 2:54 am

This pack has so much to offer that it's pretty hard to figure out where I want to start.

Ease of Install
Version 4.1 has an obscenely simple install process, and with a little bit of reading, the upgrade process to 4.2 is also extremely simple.
I did deviate from the install process a little, however, and used a symbolic link to the X:/ drive to avoid allocating a large chunk of my drive to a different partition.
Even with the default install process, the directions have been laid out in a comprehensive manner, and it's wonderful to see that RottenDub has made this process user-friendly and simple.

Mod Variety
As far as immersion goes, there's no other way that I would want to experience Skyrim. It's clear that RottenDub has put in an immeasurable amount of time here, and it's a privilege to able to play the game as RottenDub sees fit. However, I was a bit overwhelmed by the difficulty of the pack (with the WTF mod anyway) as I selected to be a pure mage. I'm only 25-30 hours or so in (with virtually no progress made on the main quest line, mind you) and it still a great and rewarding challenge to clear out caves and dungeons.

Performance
I guess this section will vary on your hardware, but as someone that as a high end(ish) PC (5820k @ 4.6ghz, Nvidia 980Ti, 32gb DDR4 Ram, 2560x1440 display) it still runs extremely smooth. The only ares where I have major fps issues is in the larger major cities, where my fps will dip to sub 40 at times. However, my mod configurations are set to default. Therefore, cities and the world itself has a high population of NPCs roaming around and creates a wonderful sense of immersion. The big plus here is that, when I lower my display resolution to 1080p, my game rarely ever drops below 60fps.

Here are my settings on Skyrim Configurator.

As you can see, I did sacrifice a bit of shadow quality, but the game still looks beautiful and runs well.

Modularity
I have yet to add my own flavor of additions, but judging by how this post is available to help us add our own mods, this pack appears to have the proper setup to have you shape the game as you see fit. 

Overall
I'm extremely pleased that I found this pack. Rotten is extremely active on the forums and tries to help out where he can. As someone that has never played Skyrim prior to finding the 4.1 pack, I'm excited (and grateful) to play this amazing world that I avoided for so long in this way. Don't fret about the large download size of the pack, it's well worth it!
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Thank you for the detailed review obsolete1101, it's very much appreciated and will be put on the website.

EDIT : It's now on the website http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

EDIT 2 : I will look into making magika scale better and making magic users a little more powerful

EDIT 3 : Added more spells to the world and a scaling mod and so far everything seems to scale correctly!

[More Spells]Colorful Magic Darkside Edition
[More Spells]Forgotten Magic Redone
[Spells Scale]Unrestricted Magicka

If you want to try it out before an update for the pack comes here's the load order :
Review a mod-pack Mlo

I am eagerly awaiting more reviews from you guys!
Back to top Go down
Headhunter32
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack EmptyTue May 16, 2017 9:23 pm

So far so good this mod pack run stable for me so far, and i can tell u finaly i found a mod pack for me that run stable and on 60fps or higher on my pc.

But if i later on want to add some mods i like what is smart to do then put it below the mod pack order mods or try to find a nice tweak mid spot.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack EmptyTue May 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Headhunter32 wrote:
So far so good this mod pack run stable for me so far, and i can tell u finaly i found a mod pack for me that run stable and on 60fps or higher on my pc.

But if i later on want to add some mods i like what is smart to do then put it below the mod pack order mods or try to find a nice tweak mid spot.

Hello ! Scroll down on Knowledge Base you will find a general idea there.
When you have some free time and after playing the pack for some time maybe come back with a more detailed review.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Headhunter32
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack EmptyWed May 17, 2017 5:26 am

I will make a proper review when i am have couple of H of the game again and thnx for the info man.
Back to top Go down
dutchblizzard
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands
dutchblizzard

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 5:06 pm

some time a go i begone modding skyrim
ad first i didn't know how it worked and i still do sometime.

so i had begone searching i found skyrim beatification project it worked great but there were a lot of bugs in it and you had the risk to get more because you had to install the mod your self. there was also that some of the mods didn't existed anymore.

so after a while i begun searching again i found to packs this one (what i'm using now  Victory) and the journey pack

i didn't liked the journey ad all, so i gave this one a try.

ad first i had some issues with getting it ready to launch but with some help from a friend it worked fine.

and also the modding support of this pack is also great. (in my time of beatification project i learned to mod, clean and merge)
this worked with the jouney not that well.

after a little research and use of the forum, what was totally worth it because now i have a great time with it.

many many thanks to the pack creator  black heart
Back to top Go down
Normal69
New Face!
New Face!
Normal69

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 5:21 pm

dutchblizzard wrote:
so after a while i begun searching again i found to packs this one (what i'm using now) and the journey pack

i didn't liked the journey ad all, so i gave this one a try.

If you could compare Perfect and Journey on different levels you've choose, that would be great.

I am slow, but unrelenting, like undeads, and had my first CTDs with Journey.
After trying 50 different versions of my pack, I'm a bit edgy about CTDs, you understand. ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Review a mod-pack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review a mod-pack   Review a mod-pack Empty

Back to top Go down

Review a mod-pack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: Forum News-
Jump to:  

Free counters!