Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?

Go down 
+3
RottenDub
slider9669
mac821
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mac821
New Face!
New Face!

Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? Empty
PostSubject: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Back to top Go down
slider9669
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
slider9669

Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 6:49 pm

mac821 wrote:
I cant say for certain but im pretty sure it wont be compatible for the simple fact of the new mods being in new pack, ur save might load but might be some issues but im sure Rotten while chime in when he gets time and let u know.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 6:55 am

SPM5 will be whole different beast compared to 4.4 so a new game is Highly suggested if not required.

Short Answer : Yeah, new game is the way to go! Gone through at least 100 new games myself creating SPM5
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
Lord Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 1:56 am

I can pretty much gauran-fucking-tee that you will need a fresh install..In the past, when bro Rotten released new packs, unless it was an update pack then it was a brand new beast and required a new game.
Back to top Go down
alewolf
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 3:07 pm

I have a related question, I had originally taken the question to be about installing the new 5 over 4.4 not the actual saves of the game.   So will I be able to drop 5 in skyrim and then unpack it or will we have to download a new copy and do the installation from scratch?
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:16 pm

alewolf wrote:
I have a related question, I had originally taken the question to be about installing the new 5 over 4.4 not the actual saves of the game.   So will I be able to drop 5 in skyrim and then unpack it or will we have to download a new copy and do the installation from scratch?

Clean install.
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
alewolf
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Thanks, incredible patch.  I did not realize some of the changes so still getting my bearings.   

I did want to ask about reinstalling mods, I thought I had an issue so I reinstalled the specific mod and had it merge with the original.   Beaut.males faces younger    My thought was it would replace meshes etc but not break anything.  Later I realized that this might not be the case.  In your experience can we take the original and just reinstall it or merge it without breaking anything?

Oh and replacer mods should go on bottom of load order?  For example if I want to replace the priest in whiterun with a bear or something.
Back to top Go down
locodice
Serious poster
Serious poster
locodice

PostSubject: Re: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 10:10 pm

RottenDub wrote:
alewolf wrote:

Clean install.

Whats the status of v5 right now?

How far away are we?
Back to top Go down
dutchblizzard
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands
dutchblizzard

PostSubject: Re: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 2:28 pm

locodice wrote:
RottenDub wrote:
alewolf wrote:

Clean install.

Whats the status of v5 right now?

How far away are we?
i think many people wanna know that one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation?   Will we be able to update SPM 4.4 to 5 or will it require a fresh installation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!