Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

(rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vendayn
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

(rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage Empty
PostSubject: (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage   (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 2:54 am

I can mod Skyrim and Fallout 4 no problem.

I mod oblivion and it crashes. I do exact same modding as I do in Skyrim and Fallout 4, and in Oblivion its literally 10 times harder to mod.

I will NEVER attempt to mod Oblivion again. After trying for over 20 hours to get it to work, all that happens is intense lag in game and lots of ctds...or it just crashes on NEW game (not startup) and I've finally given up.

Why is there no mod pack for Oblivion? I found a Russian one called Oblivion Association...but its 100% russian, not even english subtitles. I tried copying over my english oblivion data files (vanilla files) and it makes it crash, which is stupid. There is no way to turn it English, so I deleted it and...one last attempt (which turned into two attempts), I again tried my hand at Oblivion modding.

And holy heck is it so much more annoying and harder to mod than Skyrim and Fallout 4. I have NO issue modding Skyrim at all. I have NO issue modding Fallout 4...I can get a bunch of mods, set them up, get in-game and it works right out of the box. Nope, not Oblivion.

I got so angry I wanted to smash my computer...I instead ended up smashing my oblivion disks and the stupid dlc disks and burned them in the fire pit. Most annoying game I ever tried to mod ever.

Anyway, now that I ranted...and burned Oblivion and will never touch it again unless a mod pack comes out...I do feel better. But wow is Oblivion stupidely difficult to mod.

Oh and to top it off...I can mod Morrowind NO problem...and its OLDER...why is Oblivion so hard to mod? I can even mod fallout 3 and new vegas...I can mod fallout 3 without issue at all...but I LOVE Oblivion (I do)...but its impossible for me to mod. Why is Oblivion so hard to mod compared to every other Bethesda game?

Now rant officially over lol
Back to top Go down
Vendayn
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage   (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Also, I should add...

I did NOT add a bunch of random mods.

Most of them came from

https://www.reddit.com/r/oblivion/wiki/index/mods

and a few from...

http://www.tesgeneral.com/oblivion-guide

They seemed like the most up to date lists with decent mods. I did not get 100% of everything on either list, just the ones that looked good.

I NEVER had an issue with any other bethesda game with mods. I always find a mod list from 2015 or 2016 or even 2017 and able to play. Even with Fallout 3, which I never had an issue getting up and running either.

However, Oblivion is just near impossible to mod for the casual user. It requires 100% precision, which is NOT how Morrowind/Fallout 3/Nv and the newer Bethesda games work. This makes it vastly too annoying to mod, without a mod pack and those don't exist for English users. 

Are those two lists out of date? broken? its what was recommended to me...is there a better list of mods? Even if there is, I won't ever try modding Oblivion again and I doubt a mod pack will ever exist. Its the most annoying game I ever tried to mod in any game lol.
Back to top Go down
Vendayn
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage   (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 11:16 pm

Well I bought Oblivion on Steam. I thought maybe my disk version was broken.

Only got mods that were listed on that Reddit page, and installed in order listed. I of course didn't choose ALL, because for example the city overhauls wouldn't work properly together. I got open cities reborn (because better cities is too laggy, and I like open cities more). Got required compatibility patches for open cities+reddit mods

Get in-game...

SURPRISE MUTHA TRUCKER!

stupid game crashes again.

I never once had an issue modding Skyrim, Fallout 4, Morrowind, nor Fallout 3 or new vegas. I always found a list of mods (usually I find a list recently suggested, for whatever is most up to date list)...

What is going on with Oblivion? It keeps crashing. Or the ONE time I got it to work, it was VERY laggy in-game and then crashed soon after playing because the frame rate was so low.

This is the worst modding I ever experienced in a game. I just want to play with some mods and have fun. In Fallout 4 and Skyrim, I find a bunch of mods (my load order in Fallout 4 is vastly bigger than Oblivion) that I find on popular/up to date lists...and get in-game and play. 

Well, I'll keep Oblivion instead of refunding. One day someone might do a mod pack for it...or not...I know I said it before...but I'm 100% done with trying to mod Oblivion. I have vastly more fun modding FO4 and Skyrim lol.
Back to top Go down
Vendayn
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage   (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 3:45 am

Well I said I wasn't gonna do it...but I decided to do my own mod list and stick with 20-30 mods, preferably as less as possible. So I ended up with 25 mods. 26 if you include ENB.

SURPRISE! CRASH!

I ignored any city overhaul
Ignored any major overhaul except OOO+MMM (fcom is too big for my mod "limit" I imposed)
Got realistic leveling (best leveling mod)
Got a necromancy overhaul (always need one in elder scrolls cause bethesda doesn't do anything with necromancy)
A couple magic mods
Rest graphics

Okay so...HOW THE HECK does it crash with 26 mods? And a lot of the graphics ones don't even have an esp/esm, they are just textures/meshes...I really only have the DLC files+13 or so mod esms/esps

WHY IS IT CRASHING

I even severely limited my mod limit and it STILL CRASHES WTF

I notice any time I do a bashed patch it crashes any time the bashed.esp is active...always done that in all my setups. Only does it if I install the DLC files

Tried BOSS, tried LOOT...nothing is working

what is going on? Why can't I get oblivion to work even with very few mods?

Already had to uninstall and deleted everything again...gotta wait to try again next month or my bandwidth limit will be eaten up.
Back to top Go down
Vendayn
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage   (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 9:00 am

I instead went with the Fallout 3 modding motto. Less is better. Instead of 20-30 mods, I went with 10-15 mods (not including plugins, I didn't count those as a limit as those are OBSE plugins not really actual mods)...

Got OOO+MMM, a few gameplay mods, a few graphics mods...skipped any character changing mod...so just staying with vanilla...and an ENB (but didn't count that in my mod limit)

And...

WOOOO! IT WORKS! I can actually start up, make a character, get into the world and play without it crashing.

I forgot until my friend told me that the older Bethesda games can't handle the amount of mods that Skyrim and Fallout 4 can. He reminded me that Fallout 3 when I had a bunch of mods, it caused severe issues. I lowered FO3 mods to 10-15 and it worked a lot better.

So I guess cause Oblivion is older (like FO3/NV) it can't handle the intense modding of the newer Bethesda games (not even over 20 mods). Either that, or it needs WAY too much work to get to...well...actually work...never doing that rofl.
Back to top Go down
Vendayn
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage   (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 2:33 am

All caves had missing graphics...no purple textures or anything, just complete voids. And I stuck with the mod list (again) on reddit, but got very few mods...my mod list was super low (less than 15, not including OBSE plugins)

And so I tried fixing it by installing cave textures, and it was still all voids in caves...then I broke oblivion again by trying to use LOOT and it crashed over and over. So now if I want to try again, gotta install everything again.

I think I've come to the conclusion that Oblivion is impossible to mod, except for only the most expert of modders. I never had that issue with any other Bethesda games, and this time I kept my mod list super low...so dunno what is up with that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage   (rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage Empty

Back to top Go down

(rant) Modding oblivion has made me rage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to:  

Free counters!