Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1

Go down 
+5
Lord Gilgamesh
throwaway
aitrus00
littlechef1973
RottenDub
9 posters

How do you like the latest version.
 Smooth 60 FPS and great gameplay!
 Great gameplay but my FPS stays at 30!
 Love the new elements it's much more immersive.
 Meh!
 Hate it,hate it,hate it!
View results
AuthorMessage
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 2:38 pm

So the pack is out for 3 months now,anyone have any thoughts on it?
-Is it good?
-Does it suck?

I would really like to hear your impressions on it.

Some screenshots,video,video reviews,trailers or anything you can think of would be perfect if anyone feels like posting that kind of stuff.
I always enjoy hearing or seeing other people's opinions about it and it's one of the many reasons i started working on it

Have a great day.
RottenDub
Victory

Last edited by RottenDub on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:46 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 3:12 pm

I havn't downloaded it yet, will be doing it tomorrow but looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
littlechef1973
New Face!
New Face!
littlechef1973

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Seems to be working well but not had much time to get into it atm,will post specs and performance info in appropriate thread as soon as get some time.

Nice build,keep up the great work! Big smile
Back to top Go down
aitrus00
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Awesome so far.  I am one of the very few that has not had a chance to play through this game so I am excited to get down and dirty with all your mods.  The installation of your pack was a breeze and it just worked out of the box.  I'm tweaking it now with some other mods, but all in all, works great.  Have to see how it taxes my vid card (only running a GTX 760).  Will report back soon.

Also, should have an update on getting some of the SexLab mods installed and working soon (with your pack).  Thanks again Dubs!

Aitrus
Back to top Go down
throwaway
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:28 pm

game looks stunning, fpsavg is 55~

but i encountert the following issue (0:51 or 1:16)

Am i doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:35 pm

throwaway wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out,it only happened to me once,first time you enter an inn some lightweight scripts activate,don't know why it has that effect,usually you just get a loud noise (scared the shit out of me)try going to the inn in riverwood first time and see if the same thing happens,this should only be once,then it shouldn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
aitrus00

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:37 pm

RottenDub wrote:
throwaway wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out,it only happened to me once,first time you enter an inn some lightweight scripts activate,don't know why it has that effect,usually you just get a loud noise (scared the shit out of me)try going to the inn in riverwood first time and see if the same thing happens,this should only be once,then it shouldn't happen again.

I started at the inn in Riverwood, same thing, sounds like glass breaking.
Back to top Go down
throwaway
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:44 pm

aitrus00 wrote:
RottenDub wrote:
throwaway wrote:

I started at the inn in Riverwood, same thing, sounds like glass breaking.

year, this glass breaking sound is freaking loud, i lowered it in the video for your ears ;)

I'm pretty sure, that i am dead, at least i cant get out of the final/death screen in any other way than just reloading a savegame.

edit. I didn't add any mods or changed the mod order.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Weird stuff,as i've said it should only play the sound

Try leveling for a bit then enter an inn,I'll try and see if i can find a fix.

Futher posts about this problem should be posted in Bugs thread
Back to top Go down
aitrus00

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 5:01 pm

RottenDub wrote:
Weird stuff,as i've said it should only play the sound

Try leveling for a bit then enter an inn,I'll try and see if i can find a fix.

Futher posts about this problem should be posted in Bugs thread

Didn't kill me when I started at Riverwood Inn, just took some damage (level 1 clean start).  Just spawned me almost inside the door to the room I was in, that's where the damage was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:55 am

I've only spent an hour in it (including character creation). Far too little time, but I need sleep. I haven't really messed with the settings to fix this yet, but my i3-4150 and gtx 750 ti are getting ~25 fps in outdoor Riverwood (constant slowdown, slightly less slow when looking down) with the default settings. Not anything to worry about, and will get much better once I start poking at things.

It looks glorious. Job well done!

Also: Started in Riverwood Inn, no sign of instadeath as I passed through.
Back to top Go down
Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
Lord Gilgamesh

PostSubject: HELL YES   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Bro...fucking stellar job on v.3...not one fucking problem
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Just to clear the confusion here :

•Some people confuse 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 with 2.0.6 V1(now obsolete) or 2.0.6 V3.

2.0.6 V3
or Skyrim Perfectly Modded it's a whole other thing.

2.0.6 was started from 0 mods about a year ago and doesn't use any of the 2.0.5 assets,simply put it's an entirely new mod pack.
Back to top Go down
shake
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 6:19 am

Hey Rotten, amazing work on V3. I did try it out, but had performance issues, even though my PC specs are better than the ones you posted. I thought i had downgraded to the right driver, but in your latest post its different. I plan to try again soon, but before i do, here are some requests:

Please provide optional ways to remove various non-immersive features. 

1.) Not a fan of the glowing signs. Just doesn't fit in the the skyrim world, for me at least. Please provide a way to disable them.

2.) Same for the music, i like the vanilla music, including combat music. I do like the music you included, but i'd still rather have vanilla. And I don't like the combat music in this pack, or at least some of it. Backgrounds as well, while they are lore friendly and nice, i just like plane black, though this is far less an issue since its only the main-menu.

3.) I really like SkyUI's favorites menu. Before that came i used one like you included. Possible to disable CFM?

4.) Everything else seems pretty fantastic. Nothing that jumps out at me as non-immersive. But i haven't played much yet.

Obviously not every mod will be enjoyed by everyone, and these are my opinions. I tried to change things to my liking, but you've done some crazy stuff i don't understand, so i have no idea how really fix it.

I also prefer stuttering to slow mo. I can't get used to things slowing down. Ideally everything should just run at 60fps, but there always seems to be parts that don't, in those cases, i'm just used to the feeling of stuttering. 

Please keep up the great work, i'm glad at least someone is working on a project like this, as I have failed at modding countless times and have given up completely.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 11:23 am

Good morning and thanks for the feedback.

•Yesterday I've tested even more drivers and found a newer one that will work just fine with skyrim

OK made a little "tutorial" on how to disable some of the things you asked.

•Get the video from the link below, download it for better quality.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahp6wp75k6yrcit/disablesaidmods.mp4?dl=0

•take some times to read :

Custom Ini's for Custom performance

Important videos and threads for tweaking Skyrim

V3 important tips and tricks

Back to top Go down
Vendayn
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 9:08 am

Since you helped me fix my FPS. I get 40-50 in Whiterun, 35 in Riverwood (guess as you said, its more of a "complicated" area in Skyrim) and 60 FPS in the wild. Haven't been to Windhelm yet (another intensive area), but Solitude plays really nice, same with Whiterun.

But overall I love Perfectly Modded :D I did customize it to be a tad bit my "own". I updated SKSE to the latest (which actually gave me better performance/stability...might be just different depending on someones computer. PCs have so many configs lol) and put in Sexlab with a bunch of sexlab mods and their requirements+Legacy of the Dragonborn. SKSE I had to update for Sexlab.

I also put in my own custom race, which is UNP based and not CBBE, but thats kinda a minor change really.

Been playing all day and part of yesterday evening and it plays great. No crashes, FPS is great, tons to do. Plus all the sexlab stuff adds TONS of content, especially if you get some of the quest based ones.

When I tried sexlab+mods for it in my own custom mod setup before yours (tried so many attempts at making a modded game lol, it takes so much worth xD), it was definitely not NEARLY as stable lol. Its still just as playable as it was before I added it. So that is a great bonus lol.
Back to top Go down
Vendayn
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Nope, actually Legacy of the Dragonborn doesn't work. Good to know for anyone else in the future.

Luckily when testing mods, I make backups and then backups of the backup :P I didn't replace any files when installing it the first, however, which I think you said not to do for another mod. But after some time of playing, I noticed it was causing a ton of errors. So I decided to just install everything and replace things, and it still did same thing. So I deleted it all and moved the backup I did of the stuff it replaced.

What would happen is...Skyrim would play any amount of time with no CTDs. But with LotD active, if I saved it (which is why I didn't notice yesterday, since I just played all day), and then wanted to load the save again...it would take a while to load and then just close. No error, nothing, just close on me.

So I removed it and went back to the save before I had it installed.

As a test I did that crash test, and went all around. Saved, went to load save and it still worked fine. So, definitely legacy of the dragonborn was causing saves to fail to load, not sexlab which works just fine.

Might want to put it in the not compatible section :)

makes sense really with all the tons of scripts it adds. But hey, at least I tested it so no one else has to :P Then again, it could not like sexlab which is also pretty script heavy...hmm...well in any case...
Back to top Go down
MasterGrimes
MasterGrimes

PostSubject: Playing on 1440p!   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:58 am

It has been working for me, and consistent and stable thanks to Rotten's tweaks. Although I will post my results here in a little to see if we cant tweak the settings for Higher FPS in troublesome areas.
Im really enjoying the new Skyrim experience having put 1300+ hours in before this it's refreshing to see how many new things are in the world and new functions on how things work, I really really enjoy it.

ONLY issue I've had so far is in Dawnstar. For some odd reason that place wreaks HAVOC on my fps going from 60-65 to 15-20 and even stalling out on me all the way to 1FPS no joke (although that only happened once) I think it might be the water so i might tweak that but we will see. Other than that I think the only thing really missing is the Better Vampires mod. But that's just personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands
ShadowFyre

PostSubject: Perfectly Modded Skyrim   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Alright, I just want to make sure that there hasn't been an update recently since I haven't been on here in like a month. From what I see the version I have is:  2.06 V3.7, that is the latest version correct? Just want to make sure, gracias.

edit: Mostly want to know because I don't know if a fix for the grey faces and neckseams has been worked out without having to delete Perkus Maximus. Honestly I haven't had a problem with it and I'm just playing and ignoring it since it doesn't bother me at all.

Plus I've had loads of fun testing just how much my new computer can handle with this. Just built me a new computer and with my i7 and gtx Titan the game looks freaking amazing, thank you so much for the hard work you put into this.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 11:19 pm

ShadowFyre wrote:
Alright, I just want to make sure that there hasn't been an update recently since I haven't been on here in like a month. From what I see the version I have is:  2.06 V3.7, that is the latest version correct? Just want to make sure, gracias.

edit: Mostly want to know because I don't know if a fix for the grey faces and neckseams has been worked out without having to delete Perkus Maximus. Honestly I haven't had a problem with it and I'm just playing and ignoring it since it doesn't bother me at all.

Plus I've had loads of fun testing just how much my new computer can handle with this. Just built me a new computer and with my i7 and gtx Titan the game looks freaking amazing, thank you so much for the hard work you put into this.

I'm also waiting on a hardware update to push forward,ATM there's no fix with perkus maximus not being eliminated,PERMA should have a small load order to work like it should.You are correct no new versions are up,i'm working and fixing stuff "behind the scenes" sort of for new versions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1   Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Skyrim PM Beta 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!