Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corrupted nif "game has crashed while reading binary data stream this could indicate a corrupt nif file"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iNFaMoUZGaming
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

Corrupted nif "game has crashed while reading binary data stream this could indicate a corrupt nif file" Empty
PostSubject: Corrupted nif "game has crashed while reading binary data stream this could indicate a corrupt nif file"   Corrupted nif "game has crashed while reading binary data stream this could indicate a corrupt nif file" EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:45 am

I tried searching the forums but didnt find anything on this topic, so yeah, I've reinstalled both skyrim and spm twice over, so it's probably not a nif file (probably), what can I do?

it happens when when I walk near some stendarr outpost. I was playing there before without nothing bad happening and then my game ctd, and then my game just wont start after that. I loaded back to and older save, tried to go the place where my game crashed and it just keeps crashing with the same error, even though it was completely fine before. I've extracted spm 4.3 multiple times over to ensure there's no corrupted files but the error still shows up.

So I don't anything, I had a game that was completely fine, as I was able to be in that area before, a savegame from that time and a reinstalled skyrim, but this error still shows up...

Also the archive is not corrupted, I've validated it with torrent.
Corrupted nif "game has crashed while reading binary data stream this could indicate a corrupt nif file" Captur10

I have no idea what's happening, please help! 

Thanks in advance

update:

Somehow I managed to fix it:

1. I unplugged a drive where I stored spm

2. Changed drive letter where skyrim was installed and restarted computer

3. Changed it back, did a batched patch and skyproc patches and somehow I managed to reload a save where the crash did not happen

4. Did this because game crashed after I tried to save:

RottenDub wrote:
•Delete all the .tmp and .bak
•Double load your game
•type "player.kill" in console
•Load and save you game
•type "coc riverwood"
•save your game
•Try going to markarth now 

My newer savegames do crash if I go to that area. The crashes started after I started "The way of the Nine" quest from 3dnpc (which is from Interesting NPC I think). I did however also have autosaving on travel turned on, and then game ctd'd when I tried to fast travel to windhelm stables, I think that area is bugged as I can't fast travel without ctd on any save.
Back to top Go down

Corrupted nif "game has crashed while reading binary data stream this could indicate a corrupt nif file"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!