Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Solved] Crashing when starting a new game

Go down 
AuthorMessage

[Solved] Crashing when starting a new game Empty
PostSubject: [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game   [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi !

I'm having troubles with Skyrim, when starting a new game, the loading screen starts correctly. After 5-10 seconds I hear the "Windows error sound", the loading screen doesn't freeze but nothing happens.

A message appears in background:
[Solved] Crashing when starting a new game Skyrim10

So here are some informations, hoping someone can help me figure it out:

1. using a Steam version of the game (obviously);
  2. installed it, unsubscribed to every mods;
  3. removed everything in C:\Users\me\Documents\My Games\Skyrim;
  4. [related to 3.] is there anywhere I would need to remove other "old" savefiles etc. ? because when lauching I can choose to continue/load old saves
  5. installed the pack following each step;
  6. actually had troubles because in MO only the left pane was "full", had to untick read-only on my Skyrim folder
  7. [related to 6.] i'm still having a warning in MO: "There are files in your overwrite mod", is it fine ? please tell me it is :(

Another question, in the pack there are two folders: "Skyrim" and "Skyrim Mods", where does the second one goes exactly ?? In my case, in "F:\steam_games\steamapps\common\Skyrim" ??

Thanks!

Edit: and no, the Task Manager isn't running :/

Last edited by eftyfox on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game   [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 6:09 pm

So, clean install of Skyrim and the pack: check.

Still having the same problem...

1. all DLC installed, exept HD Textures;
  2. no more Steam Cloud;
  3. launched the vanilla game once;
  4. deleted every save i could find before installing the pack;
  5. this time MO was all right on first try exept for this:
    [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game Mo_ove10
  6. i have 224 items on left pane and 137 on the right one:
  7. and still this annoying message in the middle of the newgame loading screen...
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game   [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 2:07 am

Q: When I extracted "Skyrim Perfectly Modded V4.3" , I FOUND another folder CALLED "Skyrim Mods" inside that I found 2 more folders "Bash Installers" "Bash Mod Data"
A : You just place the folder next to your skyrim folder, they contain some info for wrye bash bashed patch.

Q: I have no char animation (aka T-pose)
A: Locate GenerateFNISforUsers.exe via search in the Skyrim folder, right click, properties, compatibility tab, ensure run as admin is selected.

-Run FNIS through MO
-Only click the first 2 options (gender specific and skeleton arm fix)
-If momo jump is ticked, detick it.
-Right Click overwrite folder >>> Create new mod >>> FNIS movement.

Q:I have some SKSE files regarding my survival mods data in my overwrite folder
A:Right Click Overwrite folder >>> Create new mod >>> name it Survival Profiles.

Nif errors could be because of a bad path or it can't read the files(aka admin rights)
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game   [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Problem identified, the game crashed because I tweeked the textures quality from "very high" to "high" for shadows and water.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game   [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 3:50 pm

NP, can this be considered solved?
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game   [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Yup.

Title edited, thanks !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game   [Solved] Crashing when starting a new game Empty

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Crashing when starting a new game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!