Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clarity on non-@Steam Skyrim

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orlanth
New Face!
New Face!

Clarity on non-@Steam Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Clarity on non-@Steam Skyrim   Clarity on non-@Steam Skyrim EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 11:16 am

What is it?  I can only get Skyrim with a Steam key.

I found nobody asking this question here but someone did for 4.3.  This was a reply.

RottenDub wrote:
Leach wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, I'm pretty new to modding I would only want to know how I can get a non-steam install of skyrim :)

Install with steam and get a no cd .exe so the game doesn't rely on steam anymore.

Trouble is that is not clear at all.
What is a no cd.exe?

I am reading elsewhere about non-steam skyrim.
Some say it means 'install cracked copy'.
Some say it means 'installing steam skyrim but the copy pasting it elsewhere'.

I need clarity to move forward, some things are just not obvious to some of us.

Quote :
Step 2: Install Skyrim legendary edition in X:\

*New folder path should be X:\Skyrim, if folder paths is not exactly "X:\Skyrim"pack will not function properly.
*Delete the 3 high resolution .bsa and 3 high resolution .esp if you have them in data folder.

as installs are different from copy paste should the above read like this:

Quote :

*Install Skyrim via steam normally.
*Copy paste all files in YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim to X:\
*New folder path should be X:\Skyrim, if folder paths is not exactly "X:\Skyrim"pack will not function properly.
*Delete the 3 high resolution .bsa and 3 high resolution .esp if you have them in data folder.

or

Quote :

*Obtain a cracked copy of Skyrim installable without Steam.

or something else entirely.

Sorry to be basic about this, but too many guides to modded stuff has documentation that is unclear to some people.  As the question is very infrequently asked either most people are too afraid to look stupid, or one of the two very different interpretations above is seen as obvious to most..
Back to top Go down

Clarity on non-@Steam Skyrim
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!