Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unable to find masterfile: Skyrim.esm plus some other things. non steam 4.4 :(

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PathSythe
New Face!
New Face!

Unable to find masterfile: Skyrim.esm plus some other things. non steam 4.4  :( Empty
PostSubject: Unable to find masterfile: Skyrim.esm plus some other things. non steam 4.4 :(   Unable to find masterfile: Skyrim.esm plus some other things. non steam 4.4  :( EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi there,

So ive been trying to get this to work for a few days now but so far ive been unable.
It took me a while to figure out where to actually extract the file to.
Eventually everything worked out but when i started it up, i got the "Skyrim.esm missing" error. Ive been trying to look for a similar problem on the forums but couldnt find any, hence im hoping making a post about it works and so my problems might help future users.

Step 3: Extract the contents of the pack in X:\Skyrim (use 7zip for error free operation)
The file has the skyrim map first, and then the actual content. if you extract the skyrim file to x:\Skyrim, itll extract everything to skyrim/skyrim.
If youre the person who never sees the files in Mod Organizer 2, make sure you open the file, open the skyrim folder and then extract it to x:\skyrim.

my problem: When i do this though, i have to copy over files. am i supposed to do this or not? ive done yes to all in my tries, which all ended in fails.

No offence to anyone who helped making this mod pack, but this part leaves out so much information that it makes it very confusing.
Step 5: Start MO (ModOrganizer.exe) and make sure all mods from left and right pane are activated.

If you install mod organizer, you have to choose between a new instance or use the Mod organizer root folders. if you choose new instance it always defaults to C:/users/blabla for me which ends up in failing.
When i did the "use mod organizer root folder part, Mod organizer did finally show all the mods and icons at the top in my case.

Question: Which one are you supposed to use? Could you pretty please mention this in the installation guide for future reference?

Also, somewhere i saw that the folders need to be Writable. I have full access to everything and am an admin on this pc, yet i cannot chance the read only tag on the folders. Is it a given that the game will fail if this is the case?

Anyway, thanks in advance and have a nice day :)
Back to top Go down
dutchblizzard
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands
dutchblizzard

Unable to find masterfile: Skyrim.esm plus some other things. non steam 4.4  :( Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unable to find masterfile: Skyrim.esm plus some other things. non steam 4.4 :(   Unable to find masterfile: Skyrim.esm plus some other things. non steam 4.4  :( EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 8:06 pm

i've resendly getting the same issue
Back to top Go down

Unable to find masterfile: Skyrim.esm plus some other things. non steam 4.4 :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!