Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[solved] CTD on load

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

[solved] CTD on load Empty
PostSubject: [solved] CTD on load   [solved] CTD on load EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello,

I have tested each of these but still CTD upon new game/loading saves:

• Followed the SPM 4.4 install guide (non-steam installation) but larger partition.
  • Ran all the redistributables that were in the -=SPM 5 redist=-/Redist/ folder
  • Set NVIDIA Shadowplay to manual mode
  • Closed MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, etc
  • Closed Malwarebytes
  • Made an exclusion for the X:\Skyrim directory in Windows Defender
  • Disabled 2nd monitor
  • Lowered refresh rate of my primary monitor 144hz -> 60hz
  • Tried removing d3d9.dll but that just made my game run out of memory
  • Edited enblocal.ini but nothing came out of it
  • Edited CrashFixPlugin.ini but nothing came out of it
  • TESV5.exe + skse_loader.exe as administrator
  • Looked into MemoryBlocksLog.txt (turned on for testing) but results look normal
  • Tried tilde (`) on main menu followed by left shift + enter but the game just freezes up (wanted to edit the ENB in-game)
  • Toggled ENB with shift + f12 on the menu before going into the game

I have checked ModOrganizer.log nearly each time I ran the pack, and this error came up every time:
Code:
INFO (02:39:40.0386): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "X:\Skyrim\TESV.exe" (f52e8a). Last hooked call: struct HINSTANCE__ *__stdcall LoadLibraryW_rep(const wchar_t *

I'm not sure where I went wrong or if I skipped a step somewhere (no SPM5 installation guide to my knowledge so I did what I could). I would appreciate some help in uncovering the issue. I'm also curious whether there's a Discord for this community or not since the real-time chat functionality of it would make troubleshooting much easier.

PC Specs:
Windows 10 Pro v1803
i7 7700k
GTX 1080
16GB DDR4 @3000MHz
Boot drive 120 GB SSD
Game stored on 1TB HDD @7200RPM; 200 gb partition drive X
Primary monitor: 1080p 144hz
Secondary monitor: 1080p 60hz

TL;DR CTD upon new game / loading save. Alternatively, an infinite loading screen if I remove d3d9.dll with an error popup in the background that I'll paraphrase to "out of memory".

EDIT1: I can't believe it but typing all of that out must have given my brain some new insight. I tweaked a couple things I'm not sure about (primarily enblocal.ini) and it actually loaded into a save now.

I suppose I should mention some new problems that have arisen within the first minute of having gotten to play:

• System volume cannot be changed while the game window is active, meaning I'd have to to set it up beforehand, tweak in-game values often, or have an amp/dac to adjust volume independently of the system.
  • Tabbing out kills the game in fullscreen; The game just closes.
  • Borderless has strange inconsistent behavior upon tabbing out and back into the game. The game's graphics don't update but the sound does still; all actions still audible, but game window is frozen.

Last edited by rel00p on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dutchblizzard
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands
dutchblizzard

PostSubject: i have the same problem bud   [solved] CTD on load EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 2:57 pm

rel00p wrote:
Hello,

I have tested each of these but still CTD upon new game/loading saves:

• Followed the SPM 4.4 install guide (non-steam installation) but larger partition.
  • Ran all the redistributables that were in the -=SPM 5 redist=-/Redist/ folder
  • Set NVIDIA Shadowplay to manual mode
  • Closed MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, etc
  • Closed Malwarebytes
  • Made an exclusion for the X:\Skyrim directory in Windows Defender
  • Disabled 2nd monitor
  • Lowered refresh rate of my primary monitor 144hz -> 60hz
  • Tried removing d3d9.dll but that just made my game run out of memory
  • Edited enblocal.ini but nothing came out of it
  • Edited CrashFixPlugin.ini but nothing came out of it
  • TESV5.exe + skse_loader.exe as administrator
  • Looked into MemoryBlocksLog.txt (turned on for testing) but results look normal
  • Tried tilde (`) on main menu followed by left shift + enter but the game just freezes up (wanted to edit the ENB in-game)
  • Toggled ENB with shift + f12 on the menu before going into the game

I have checked ModOrganizer.log nearly each time I ran the pack, and this error came up every time:
Code:
INFO (02:39:40.0386): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "X:\Skyrim\TESV.exe" (f52e8a). Last hooked call: struct HINSTANCE__ *__stdcall LoadLibraryW_rep(const wchar_t *

I'm not sure where I went wrong or if I skipped a step somewhere (no SPM5 installation guide to my knowledge so I did what I could). I would appreciate some help in uncovering the issue. I'm also curious whether there's a Discord for this community or not since the real-time chat functionality of it would make troubleshooting much easier.

PC Specs:
Windows 10 Pro v1803
i7 7700k
GTX 1080
16GB DDR4 @3000MHz
Boot drive 120 GB SSD
Game stored on 1TB HDD @7200RPM; 200 gb partition drive X
Primary monitor: 1080p 144hz
Secondary monitor: 1080p 60hz

TL;DR CTD upon new game / loading save. Alternatively, an infinite loading screen if I remove d3d9.dll with an error popup in the background that I'll paraphrase to "out of memory".

EDIT1: I can't believe it but typing all of that out must have given my brain some new insight. I tweaked a couple things I'm not sure about (primarily enblocal.ini) and it actually loaded into a save now.

I suppose I should mention some new problems that have arisen within the first minute of having gotten to play:

• System volume cannot be changed while the game window is active, meaning I'd have to to set it up beforehand, tweak in-game values often, or have an amp/dac to adjust volume independently of the system.
  • Tabbing out kills the game in fullscreen; The game just closes.
  • Borderless has strange inconsistent behavior upon tabbing out and back into the game. The game's graphics don't update but the sound does still; all actions still audible, but game window is frozen.

Back to top Go down
slider9669
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
slider9669

PostSubject: Re: [solved] CTD on load   [solved] CTD on load EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 4:18 pm

if u dont mind me asking as im pretty sure ive seen other ppl mention it so i dont think its frowned upon but is ur copy legit or torrented? Ive seen ppl have issues with certain torrents of skyrim is why im curious. As far as the alt tabbing out i also suffer from that issue sadly so not sure how to go about that fix. As far as the CTD def not sure what could be causing it except what copy ur using of Skyrim, as everything u mentioned u did shouldnt even be needed too do.

Me personally i installed skyrim first into X drive, then unzip the contents from here into skyrim folder, boot up MO and change settings i want like resoultion and few other minor things, boot the game and thats it. I also use MSI and riva and never have to close. Was this all off a fresh install when u tried? Like did u try just installing vanilla skyrim and launching to see if even the vanilla game launches?

EDIT: brain farted and have way through typing i forgot u had mentioned u got the game working minus the errors at end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved] CTD on load   [solved] CTD on load Empty

Back to top Go down

[solved] CTD on load
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!