Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
slider9669
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
slider9669

SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. Empty
PostSubject: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Simply curious what most of u are getting performance wise as vanilla skyrim is a can of worms on pc and lottery it seems, reason im asking is i finally just installed this version as i was on the previous pack and then i was on the other beta of 5 and now this one. Has been awhile since i even touched skyrim and honestly forgot alot of the personal tweaks i did so once i got it all setup i got in game and loaded the save in Riverwood i believe is name and stutters right away turning, walking just a few meters stutters and was like sigh....not rottens fault im implying i just knew i was gonna have to do some googling as i had forgotten what i did in the past. 

Anyway gonna list what i personally did just now myself and its night and day for me, only time i see a single stutter is when i hit that mark of where game is loading something in like when i run to whiterun and that giant is fighting the npcs i catch it loading for a split sec and then gone, previously it was stuttering every few steps so huge improvement as i can run from riverwood all the way there without a single stutter till i get to giant which is just amazing rly as previously and even on my old skyrim install never happened so this pack is def better and still not finished so looking good so far. 

Specs  intel 7820x - GPU 1080 TI( even though dont rly matter on this game as it dont fully utilize cpu and gpu ) 
16gb ram
Single Samsung SSD just for gaming.
Dell s2716dg 27 inch  1440p gsync ( gsync was on for the record ) 

Settings changed

Skyrim.ini settings ( Skyrim > profiles > Rotten dub > Skyrim ini)
add "iFPSClamp=( enter fps u want here, below 60 ) Will get more into this at the end
iNumHWThreads= ( cpu cores, if hyperthreaded double it, for me it was 16) 
On latest nvidia driver too as of Oct 21st. 

Also another setting i changed that didnt rly seem to make a difference but could be wrong on that one is the vram setting in enblocal, i ran vram test and it gave me a number of 22048 ( lol ) which i think is from just how many HDs i have in my pc and the combined pagefile of that but i put it at 20,000 according to instructions from SP4 on setting vram. Its already set to 10,000 something so probably didnt need to change it. 

I also still followed the post from SP4 about setting up nvidia control panel for skyrim.

Virus program, simply just add exclusion to the skyrim folder so it never needs to scan.
Turn windows power saving settings to performance. 

Now onto the clamp settings, i first noticed that my game was running way above 60, was hitting 120 and up randomly and that was part of the stuttering issue there im sure, so i was gonna try to set the clamp at 30 which i did but just doing that alone actually made my game stay at 60 and i had already had my monitor set to 60 so idk how that fixed it from going over 60 but it did, normally its meant to lock ur frames in what u avg but if u go below it then it goes into slow motion so not sure how it did what it did for me so just pointing that out and probably most important setting that changed the smoothness of game for me is to simply get ur frames at 60 or below.

The threads setting also seemed to help the overall smoothness but honestly could be placebo.

Other settings are just pretty common to change as virus scanners can interfere and power mode for windows also probably wont make huge difference but just posting everything i did. Like i said the biggest was getting the fps to not go above 60 as that was biggest issue, game is not meant to go above 60 as if u enter a building u will see stuff randomly flying off shelves and even ur wpns on back will be glitching out when u walk.

Ill probably do a before and after video as it was pretty dramatic the difference, it was Gopher from youtube smooth as his videos was just always stupid buttery smooth of his modded skyrim and thats how it felt. 

Also i did have gsync on and havent tested with it off and overall my FPS at 1440p were 60 constantly except in parts of town and some parts outside. My gpu is never fully used as i might even DSR it and see how that goes and cpu usage i think didnt even go over 10% which is why im not sure if that threaded setting actually does anything

So ya just curious of other ppl have been tweaking stuff and what they do and the results and if i get time tomorrow will try show it in a video, for sure will do one showing the aftermath, just having to backup current Skyrim and then reinstall/unzip again dont rly wanna do but we shall see with how long i get.
Back to top Go down
dostunuz
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 5:45 pm

how long have you played, what level you are and how many quests did do you?.
Back to top Go down
RbN420
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 10:22 pm

i'm getting really good performance, 30-40 fps in open spaces, way better than 4.4 had, obviously it stutters every while it loads new NPCs becouse i'm not using a SDD, instead i have a X: partition in a secondary HDD, my specs are the following:
Intel Core I5 2400 quadcore 3.10Ghz
32Gb RAM DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Additional note: running 1080p settings
Back to top Go down
robosky
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 9:16 am

This is actually really funny, we have the same GPU, CPU, and monitor (2nd monitor is Dell AW2518HF for the 240hz). Except I'm running my OS on an m.2 and Skyrim on 2 m.2's in raid 0 and have 32gb of ddr4 3200 ram. I'll have to try out your settings tho to see if there is any difference. Everything seems to be running well for me for the most part besides DSR issues with weapons being on my back and in my hand when I only have 1 of the weapons, kinda immersion breaking. I also removed all the extra clothes, weapons and some follower mods as they were breaking the economy pretty badly. I tried using some scripts that edit all the weapons and armor to be balanced, but ran into alot of issues with the scripts not being configured properly (ex: damage was based on the weight of the weapon and armor was based on the weight of armor). I found it easier to just remove all the extra armor, weapons and spells besides the immersive stuff (alot of mods marked as immersive on nexus are def not balanced btw). The only thing i have that is busted currently is some weapons sold at the sky forge, those weapons were inside a merged mod pack (I'm sure i could just go into tes5edit and remove them).

Not sure if you need to reconfigure your Nvidia settings, I had to do that since i reinstalled. There is also a bunch of fixes I did from rottens performance guides and tweaks. I've added the locational damage skse plugin, Floating damage mod, display enemy level mod, yyanim replacer zweihander, a bunch of followers and some home mods. I typically hang at 60fps capped unless i'm in some pretty specific spots.
Back to top Go down
slider9669
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
slider9669

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 9:59 am

dostunuz wrote:
how long have you played, what level you are and how many quests did do you?.
I didnt play for to long doing quests, my main test last night was simply testing stutter but id say i ran around town to town for a good 30-40 mins just looking for stutters cause if u played this game u realize thats a constant issue and was just kinda in ahhh of how smooth it was, why i compared it to Gophers videos cause never understood how he got his modded skyrim so smooth and was quite happy i had that smoothness myself.
robosky wrote:
This is actually really funny, we have the same GPU, CPU, and monitor (2nd monitor is Dell AW2518HF for the 240hz). Except I'm running my OS on an m.2 and Skyrim on 2 m.2's in raid 0 and have 32gb of ddr4 3200 ram. I'll have to try out your settings tho to see if there is any difference. Everything seems to be running well for me for the most part besides DSR issues with weapons being on my back and in my hand when I only have 1 of the weapons, kinda immersion breaking. I also removed all the extra clothes, weapons and some follower mods as they were breaking the economy pretty badly. I tried using some scripts that edit all the weapons and armor to be balanced, but ran into alot of issues with the scripts not being configured properly (ex: damage was based on the weight of the weapon and armor was based on the weight of armor). I found it easier to just remove all the extra armor, weapons and spells besides the immersive stuff (alot of mods marked as immersive on nexus are def not balanced btw). The only thing i have that is busted currently is some weapons sold at the sky forge, those weapons were inside a merged mod pack (I'm sure i could just go into tes5edit and remove them).

Not sure if you need to reconfigure your Nvidia settings, I had to do that since i reinstalled. There is also a bunch of fixes I did from rottens performance guides and tweaks. I've added the locational damage skse plugin, Floating damage mod, display enemy level mod, yyanim replacer zweihander, a bunch of followers and some home mods. I typically hang at 60fps capped unless i'm in some pretty specific spots.
lol ya good my 2nd monitor is a asus 60hz ( gag ) but ya, only used to as web browser or something when gaming. I actually had a raid 1 setup not even a week ago but i didnt realize when u do raid 1 the trim/optimize options are no longer able to be ran and was like ewww so was gonna do raid 0 but i rly didnt wanna have a 200+gb C drive as i like to keep just windows on C drive and no games so just removed the raid and then i was gonna raid my SSDs into 1 drive but...didnt know if they were different sizes that it only goes max to the smallest drive so i just kept em seperate for now till i snag another that matches. This test also was done on a freshly installed windows cause after removing raid i just figured eh might as well reinstall windows.

And ya i havent touched none of the scripts or anything like that, once the mod pack is finished i plan to go all in as i been itching for a fresh play through i just wanna wait till product finished before i commit. As to get the game fully setup how i like i have to mess with alot as i also dont like to be to OP with certain stuff and want a challenge but also dont want it to hard as i think last pack i would get my chit pushed in by a simple mob cause of ASIS i think was mod, been awhile so not sure but it took alot of tweaking.

Since skyrim for some unknown reason dont max out gpu ima dip into dsr ( never rly messed with it ) and see how it makes the game look, might try and do that video later to show how game plays if i can recall how to use obs lol. Cause ya specs for this game required to get good frames shouldnt be to high end as my friend on a 780 back in day could get damn good frames on his setup, vram probably would be issue these days since the dx11 limit got removed and older gpus running 3gb vram but even on mine i think max usage i saw was 4.4 or 4.5 when i looked over, im sure dsr will change that but cpu was stupid low, like 8-10% usage. 

Just woke up so i might of just mumbled some words here and there so forgive me lol.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 3:14 am

The cap is a lil bit obsolete try setting a limit of 59 from rivatunerstatisticsserver it also has some framesmoothing.

Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
slider9669
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
slider9669

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 1:34 pm

RottenDub wrote:
The cap is a lil bit obsolete try setting a limit of 59 from rivatunerstatisticsserver it also has some framesmoothing.

Oh wow, learned something new, never knew anything about that, curious to try that out. makes me wonder is that how consoles somehow manage to get stupid smooth 30fps. Some games on console are 30fps lock but its just so smooth that its not a problem at all to play in, pc games though on other hand its just ugh. 

Im happy with where my skyrim is at the moment on fps wise but still gonna test this out at 30 and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
slider9669
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
slider9669

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 1:54 pm

Def better than using clamp method, never knew bout rivatuner. Ran a 30fps test and seemed to stutter tad more so put it at 59 and was mostly like it was before, very smooth, maybe 2 slight stutters but its not the annoying stutters, seems like its the npc loading on screen or maybe just some scripts loading so overall damn good so far still. Might play for a little bit to see how it handles npcs on screen and fights and such. Need a time killer till red dead 2 comes out :p lol
Back to top Go down
slider9669
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
slider9669

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 pm

https://youtu.be/sdFTbngho2c

Video of how it is so far, OBS was setup to record in 1080 then output to 720 so video wont be as clear and for some reason inside of buildings are stupid dark, def not like that in game. Probably will do more videos once i start playing playing and once i get OBS setup, was just quickly setup.

Ok sooooooo i was doing some reading and came across this post https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5aa7w5/confirmed_120fps_fix_for_skyrim/ 

i followed the steps in there ( easy btw ) as on a previous site the guys linked that as someone mentioned getting slight stutters from frame dips and the normal load in type stutters so figure eh ill try it out and to even add to it, i did the DSR up to 4k on my test and i still managed to have exact same FPS, i couldnt see how much my gpu was being used as my monitoring on other monitor goes outside of view for me to see when game loads but game felt even better, normally there a slight hiccup when loading into game at start or when a bunch of npcs pop out of a building but felt rly smooth and at 4k game looked even better, i know DSR on 1440p dont make it 4k, just makes it like using some super AA but it def shows. Might redo another video and see if i can get it to show the ENB menu so can see fps but idk if it will be shrunk down like it shows but we will see.
Back to top Go down
slider9669
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
slider9669

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 12:56 pm

So i did another video once i got OBS figured out again but only way to record was in window mode for some reason but here it is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNaFJbKXEMI&feature=youtu.be

One thing i noticed cause i caught 2 stutters in this video, i originally thought was the load in but, one of the mods seems to add animals that are aggresive like skunks or some type of animal cause there inside towns also, anyway right when i start fighting giant there is always one of those mobs there and soon as it got near me or the NPCs i noticed a stutter then once i zone into whiterun no stutters but then another one of those animals spawn/attack and u see all the npcs go after it and again a stutter so im assuming maybe that mod is causing it as it triggers all the npcs in a area and that is tied to it somehow, idk weather script being loaded or how ever the mod works. Curious which mod it is so i can turn it off and retest to just see if stutters still happen in same test.

Oh and around the end of video...something happens...and i bout jumped out my damn chair, idk what it was but um ya kinda curious if u know lol...cause im afraid thats gonna be a constant bug and gonna ruin me playing the game if die from what ever that was that got me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.   SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting. Empty

Back to top Go down

SP5 Performance of it so far and what u guys are getting.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!